The Embassy of Belgium in Ottawa is recruiting
a Trilingual Executive Assistant to the Ambassador
- A varied job with responsibility and visibility in a pleasant international environment;
- Contract of indefinite duration, starting on April 15th 2019;
- Competitive and secure salary and working conditions.
- First point of contact for persons wishing to be in contact with the Ambassador;
- Management, coordination and co-organization of the Ambassador’s agenda (meetings, correspondence, travels, visits, etc.);
- Administration relating to the Ambassador’s professional expenses;
- Correspondence and contact with amongst others the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairsand Canadian government officials;
- Maintenance of a data base relating to the Ambassador’s professional contacts;
- Support with the organization of events and public diplomacy initiatives of the Embassy.
Main skills and competences:
- Fluent in French, English and Dutch (written and oral);
- Proficient with computer programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have an affinity and fondness for Belgium, its culture, food and humor;
- Good communicator and pleasant colleague within a small team;
- Ability to respect deadlines and to work autonomously and accurately;
- Tactfulness and confidentiality
A prior similar work experience and knowledge of Canadian and Belgian institutions are an asset. Enthusiasm, flexibility and eagerness to learn quickly are assets too.
Applications or questions relating to the job description should be sent to the attention of Mr. Patrick Deboeck, head of administration, at Patrick Deboeck@diplobel.fed.be
Deadline for applications: February 10th, 2019