Date(s) - 15/04/2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
2655 Bristol Circle
Categories No Categories
The CNBPA and The Weather Network invite you for an exclusive behind the scenes session at Canada’s most influential brand. (as measured by Ipsos/Reid).
Learn about the history of The Weather Network and Meteo Media. Ever wondered how the amber and other alerts reach your phone? Discover the pivotal role that “The Weather Network’s” holding company Pelmorex plays in “Alert Ready”.
Do you know what it is like to present the weather on screen? This is your chance to find out! We will visit the studios to test your presenting skills.
- History of the Weather Network;
- How is a forecast created;
- Overview of the National Alert Ready Area. What is the purpose of Alert ready (eg Amber alerts), its history and importance to the community;
- Observe the briefing desk and control room. What are the functions in this space;
- Go into the studio and become an On Camera Presenter. Prizes to be won!
Special deal for members of EUCCAN
For members of the Netherlands Luncheon Club
- Register here: https://www.cnbpa.ca/event-3647975/Registration