CHECK OUT OUR MAIN SERIES
BCBC members get members’ discounts to all events hosted by EUCCAN and EUCCAN Member Organizations:
Save the date! ~ details to be announced!
The European Union Film Festival is a Not-for-Profit organization, it’s the unique cultural collaboration of EU Consulates and Cultural Institutes in Toronto. Celebrating cinematic excellence with national and international award-winning films, the festival takes place in November every year at The Royal Cinema.
The official European Union Film Festival (EUFF) strives to reflect the excellence, innovation, and diversity of European cinema in Toronto, the world’s most multicultural city. Founded in 2004 as a salve to Hollywood monotony, this free festival showcases 28 contemporary films drawn from each of the EU’s member countries. EUFF is a unique festival and the only one in the world to bring together disparate EU Consulates and local cultural institutes for collaboration.
Participating EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- To present a Film Festival reflecting the excellence, innovation, and diversity of European cinema
- To feature Canadian premieres of European films
- To showcase national and international award-winning films
- To engage in cultural collaborations and dialogues between EU countries and Canada
- To support and feature emerging and established filmmakers
- To celebrate the diversity of Europe in the heart of the most multicultural city in the world
For more information about the European Union, visit the web site of the Delegation of the European Union in Canada