The first ever Bike For Africa, North America Edition will take place in October 2017. This edition will be a road biking adventure from Niagra Falls to New York City over about five days of wind in your hair, sun in your face biking. The first edition will be raising funds to support the Georgie Badiel Foundation, which builds wells to provide clean drinking water to the nation of Burkina Faso, and Malaika, which builds educational programs for girls, parents and community members in the Congo (DRC).
What’s in it?
- Road biking tour between Niagra Falls (Buffalo – US border) and NYC Brooklyn Bridge
- Dates : 8-13 October 2017 (3-days or 6-days package available)
- Fund raising through the King Baudouin Foundation in Belgium and the U.S.
- Belcham Belgian Night upon arrival in Manhattan connecting the happy riders with the NYC community.
Bike For Africa – North America Partners:
- Fund raising partner in US and BE: King Baudouin Foundation US and Belgium
- Ambassadors in North America:
- Noella Coursaris : International Model & Founder of Malaika (DRC)
- Georgie Badiel : Miss Africa 2005 & Founder of Georgie Badiel Foundation (Burkina Faso)
- Their respective foundations have been selected as beneficiaries of the charity
- Biking Tour operator: Arizona Outback Adventures
- Belcham : Business partner and supporter of Bike For Africa, Africa and North America editions
- Media/communication partners :
- * in US : Face 2 Face Africa – digital marketing platform
- * in Canada : Afrofest (main African festival in Toronto)
If you are interested in joining us for this exciting edition please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to support without breaking a sweat in North America, please see the instructions for to make a gift to Bike For Africa (U.S.) with tax deduction in Belgium:
Koning Boudewijnstichting – Fondation Roi Baudouin
IBAN – BE10 0000 0000 0404
Communication – ***123/8000/02179***
Or follow this link for online donations.