This workshop covers the contents of Canada’s most important free trade agreement since the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and its impact on various parties involved in international trade.
Participants can benefit from a pre-recorded lecture, a list of questions and answers from a previous session and a one-hour live session.
Participants will have access to a pre-recorded lecture upon registration. It is recommended that they listen to the recording prior to the live session on September 7th, 2017.
Please note that the July 1st provisional implementation date for the CETA has since been changed to September 21st, 2017.
The FAQ will be emailed to all registrants prior to the live session. Additional questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– One-hour pre-recorded lecture plus FAQ sheet
– One-hour live session (1:00 – 2:00 pm EST)
- Describe the contents of the CETA articles
- Explain the CETA’s advantages for importers and exporters
- Explain the timeframe for the lowering of customs duties, quota and other issues under the CETA
- Explain the CETA’s applicable rules of origin
- Describe the European Union’s customs clearance process
- Explain how the value-added tax (VAT) works
Exporters, importers, freight forwarders, customs brokers and other service providers.