Antwerp is one of Belgium’s economic hubs and a growing stronghold for innovation. The city transforms itself into a true Capital of Things, by creating an ambitious and distinctive ecosystem around the Internet of Things (IoT). The Capital of Things will be a mix of smart city, eHealth, industry 4.0, smart port and circular economy. Do you want to know more about this bustling city, its vision on innovation and why it’s relevant for your business?
Join us at the Antwerp Breakfast Seminar on Tuesday 24th of October 2017 from 07.15h – 09.30h at The Omni King Edward Hotel, 37 King Street East, M5C 1E9 in Toronto.
You will learn more about Antwerp, and how the city can advance your business interests. You will also get the chance to meet and connect with Antwerp’s most prominent corporates, startups and important partners in the innovation ecosystem. Moreover the Antwerp Breakfast Seminar is the ideal opportunity to learn more about Antwerp as a prime location to start a company and to explore business opportunities in the city and in the Flanders region.
- 07.15h Registration
- 07.30h Welcome
- Bart De Wever, mayor city of Antwerp, speaks on behalf of the Antwerp city council and participants
- 07.32h Mission Flanders Investment & Trade Relations Canada-Flanders
- Mieke Pynnaert, Flemish Economic Representative, Flanders Investment & Trade
- 07.37h Antwerp as a prime business location
- Dirk Diels, director business & innovation, city of Antwerp
- 07.44h Antwerp Pitch Competition
- 5 Canadian startups get the chance to pitch their company before a jury consisting of established Belgian and a Canadian industry expert.
- The competition will be hosted by a Canadian incubator.
- 08.05h City of Things – Antwerp living lab – smart zone
- imec, a world class research institute
- 08.12h Harbour of Things – Nxtport – Industry 4.0.
- Jacques Vandermeiren, CEO, Port of Antwerp
- 08.19h Postgraduate program Internet of Things – talent in Antwerp
- Silvia Lenaerts, Vice-rector Valorisation & Development, University of Antwerp
- 08.25h Announcement winner Pitch Competition
- 08.30h Networking